South Bay Eye Care state-of-the-art facilities houses the most cutting-edge diagnostic and treatment equipment available in the industry for effective and efficient eye exercises. Our staff and doctor work hard and smart to increase their knowledge base and capacity to offer you the best of eye care services possible in the cities of Lomita, CA, Torrance, CA, Palos Verdes, CA and its surrounding areas.
Our Eye Care and Treatment Services Include:
- Complete visual analysis including tests and treatment for minor or major eye diseases such eye coordination, tracking, depth perception, focusing skills, diabetic eye diseases, conjunctivitis (pink eye), glaucoma, macular degeneration,
- Treatment of Conjunctivitis. Conjunctivitis commonly known as pink eye is an inflammation or infection of the conjunctiva; the membrane that lines the eyelid, and covers the white part of the eyeball. The inflammation is what affects the blood vessels in the eye and then gives the eye a pink or red appearance. Pink eye can be caused by either a viral or bacterial infection, an allergic reaction, a blocked tear duct or a foreign object in the eye. Pink eye can be contagious, so proper diagnosis and timely treatment are essential to curtail this eye disease.
Most of the common symptoms of Conjunctivitis (pink eye) include:
- Itchiness in one or both eyes
- Redness in one or both eyes.
- A discharge that may become crusty overnight.
- Excessive tearing.
- A feeling of grittiness in the eye.
Pink eye can be very contagious for several weeks after symptoms and signs have begun. Prompt treatment can protect others from being infected with the bacteria that causes pink eye.
Conjunctivitis(pink eye) is often easily diagnosed by an examination of the eyes and reviewing the associated symptoms. A sample of the eye secretions may be sent to the lab for further testing if conjunctivitis seems severe. However, treatment for pink eye depends on the cause of conjunctivitis.
- Treatment for Glaucoma. Glaucoma is a group of eye diseases that cause optic nerve damage. The optic nerve is what carries images from the retina which is the specialized light-sensing tissue to the brain, and that brings about our ability to
In glaucoma, eye pressure plays a role in damaging the delicate nerve fibers of the optic nerve. When a significant number of nerve fibers are damaged, blind spots develop in the field of vision. Once nerve damage and visual loss occur, it is permanent. Most people don’t notice these blind areas until much of the optic nerve damage has already occurred. If the entire nerve is destroyed, it results in blindness. Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness in the world today, especially in older people.
Zen Ni Su O.D. is a Board-certified specialist trained to handle glaucoma and related cases. Our Lomita Optometry Office is fully-equipped to treat the full spectrum of glaucoma disorders, even complex conditions such as keratoprosthesis-related glaucoma.
This treatment aims to slow or prevent the progression of vision loss. Depending on many factors, such as your age and the type and severity of your glaucoma, treatment may include medications and/or surgery.
Prompt diagnosis and treatment are essential because once vision is lost from glaucoma, it cannot be restored. So don’t let glaucoma-related disorders prevent you from performing your normal daily activities because if not diagnosed and treated promptly it will result in vision loss.
Have a question? call us now
Mon - Fri: 09:30AM - 6:00PM
Sat : 9:00AM - 5:00PM
Drop Us an Email
About Eye Center
Dr. Su, a Board Certified Doctor of Optometry, offers personalized vision care service in a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere. We are fluent in Chinese, Taiwanese and can run eye exams in Spanish! We accept most insurance plans and provide Same-Day Service!Get Appointment
2245 W Lomita Blvd, Lomita CA 90717